Sunday, April 17, 2005

 

Review- The Amityville Horror

For the longest time i can say that i have never really bothered with horror movies. They just seemed pointless but i guess i just saying that cause i guess i was scared. Although in the last few months i have kinda craved a good scare which i thought i might get from a few movie. Those few movies haven't really done it for me but i was hopeing the The Amityville Horror would change that.

The Amityville Horror was a great pocorn movie that lived up to everything i had expected. So of the remakes of horror movies i have seen (like The Grudge and Texas Chainsaw Massacre) have not lived up to the reputation of there origanals at all. Now i haven't seen the original The Amityville Horror but i would guess that this movie easily live up to the original. The Amityville Horror had a lot of good moments that put me on the edge of my seat thoughout the whole movie. I didn't really think about it during the movie but after my brother mentioned that he thought that the scary people are starting to look all the same and i tend to agree after a little bit of thought. Now the movie that can come up with something origianl will be a big hit i am guessing, you know it's coming with people like Robert Rodriguez and Kerry Conran doing such great work with digital movies.

The scare i was hopeing for never really came and that really pissed me off. The only thing these movies of late have been offering is a little freakyness which i can get from a lot of other places. What i want from a scary movie is to be freaked out when i leave like my friend Wade who had his fingers in his ears during half the movie. Now where the hell is my movie where i have to put my fingers in my ear????

The Amityville Horror had a lot of the things i wanted from a movie. Actully it had my number one favouite thing, it had one really freaky moment! I won't say because that is just no fun but what i will say is that just pay close attention to the part with the babysitter. The other things going for this movie was the performance of Ryan Reynolds. I will say this now, i think that Ryan Reynolds will have a long career. He managed to save the thrid Blade movie ( i think that he might be the reason there will be a fourth) and i can't wait for him to be in a good comedy cause i think i will be on the floor trying to keep my sides from splitting( i hope).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?