Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Review- Sahara

Sahara would have been movie that would have just passed me by if i hadn't read some review that spoke up for how good it might be. The reason that i didn't really want anything to do with this movie was that the trailer was just really so bad, it just did a lot of things that made me very angry. The trailer hurt me a lot, what the main problem was was it just showed a lot of difference action scene, quickly flashing them on screen just to create a feeling of action. With that problem it made me angry that i couldn't get a long enough look at one of the other actors in the movie to see if it was the person i was thinking of. With the bad trailer and not much background i don't think i could have cared less if this passed me by.

Luckily however some good reviews i read changed my mind about this movie so that i thought it was a good idea to go see this movie. For the last few years action movies have been changing and evloving, movies like Men in Black and National Tresure have made action stars less like Arnie. I still want to see things blow up and all but my view of an action hero has changed. Matthew McConaughey i think has found a place in action movies for sometime to come. He has been in some romance movies but none of his proformances have ever stuck in my mind, actully i couldn't remember if i had to try. The only other movie i liked him in was A Time to Kill, whiched suited hm to a tea because of his southern accent. Now i can reforget the other performance and just focus on hopefully more great action roles.

I was expecting a fair action movie with a lot of witty lines cause Steve Zahn is always good value. When i got to the end of the movie i was very pleased to have gotten a great popcorn movie plus Steve Zahn was more then i could have hoped. Everything went right in the actions scenes, they were fasted paced and were very in tune with the crazy story. My only problem with the whole movie was when Penelope Cruz. Now don't get me wrong she is a very cute girl, which is backed up in this movie. There are long slow shots with her in a wet shirt and a bikini, they were very very good. My problem however is that she always opens her mouths and words come out, I just can't stand her voice it makes my skin crawl.

Sahara never tries to be more then anything more then a really fun movie, it does it by going all out for 2 hours. It is really non stop the whole time. Most of the performances are great and never faulter during the whole film. Sahara wwent from being a movie that make me hate it cause of it's stupid trailer to a movie that is on my buy DVD list. I can't wait to see this DVD and i have all my fingers crossed that they do a good job!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?